We would love for you to join us!
Our church meetings aim to be centered on the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ. We celebrate this gospel in our singing, proclaim this gospel in our preaching, transfer this gospel in our children’s ministry, and convey this gospel in our care for one another. What God has done for us in Jesus Christ is the best and most important thing about us and it’s why we gather!
We preach expositionally through books of the Bible, verse by verse. Each week, you will hear the Bible taught in its proper context and regularly hear the good news of God’s love displayed through the death and resurrection of Jesus to pay for our sins and give us a new life through faith in Him.
What we wear:
- Dress however you feel comfortable!
What we sing:
- Songs that theologically informed, Scripture-saturated, and gospel-centered
- We sing a combination of ancient and modern hymns as well as contemporary worship songs
- Check out our SGC Sunday Morning Songs Playlist or Sovereign Grace Music for a taste of the kinds of songs we might be singing when we gather.
What sacraments we practice:
- Baptisms are performed as people come to faith in Christ (frequency varies)
- We celebrate communion at least once a month
How we give:
- We do not publicly receive an offering during meetings
- We do address the topic of giving and financial stewardship during the service every 2-3 weeks
- We have offering boxes on the back wall of the main auditorium, as well as online giving.
How we serve families with children:
- Children of all ages are welcome to join us in the main service
- We offer children’s ministry for children 8 months to 2nd grade (all our children’s workers are trained by Ministry Safe and approved through our Child Safety System)
- We have a noisy toddler area with a video stream of the service
- We have a nursing mom’s room discreetly located next to (and accessed through) the women’s restrooms
SERVICE TIMES AND LOCATION
- We meet every Sunday from 10:30a to 12:00p.
- We are centrally located in the city of Midland on the corner of Andrews Hwy and Kansas Ave.
- We also gather throughout the month in Discipleship Groups, which meet in various homes throughout the Midland-Odessa area.
(If you’re traveling or sick, you can also catch our livestream on the SGC YouTube Channel, where you can find links to recent services and past sermons.)